Important update: the old version is now unsupported, however some customers can still switch back to it if needed.
By the end of December 2019, the old version will be fully removed. You are strongly encouraged to opt into this version as soon as possible so you and your team can familiarize and test the changes while the old version is still available as a fallback. Should you need to revert, please contact us so we can address your issue or concern in the new version.
- Office 365 calendar integration.
- Two-way sync of ticket events with Office 365 / Google Calendar.
- Pull in events from Office 365 / Google Calendar either with full details or free/busy only.
- Personal Calendars: Ability for any agent to add their own private calendars. Currently, only admins can share these personal calendars with others if desired.
- The calendar view is now found in the top bar for quicker access, featuring:
- New day view.
- Visually change date, time and/or duration inside the calendar.
- Filter ticket events by ticket view.
- Create a new ticket with an event from inside a calendar by clicking and dragging.
- From existing tickets with events, quickly jump to that event in the top bar calendar to change date, time or duration by clicking 'edit in calendar'.
- From existing tickets, attach an event quickly by selecting a calendar and then clicking 'create in calendar'.
- Ability for agents to use a different time zone for viewing and creating calendar events than their profile setting.
- When using Office 365 or Google Calendar, easily invite ticket requester, assignee and/or collaborators on the event.
How to enable this new version
Only Zendesk admins can enable release and when doing so, it will take effect for all users in the account.
From the left-hand bar calendar icon, click on Manage calendars. On the Admin tab, toggle Opt into using the new version and click Save settings. Please be sure to refresh your Zendesk tab to reload the app and enable the new top bar location.